Project with a Wiz550io

Hello,

I will use a Wiz550io in a project and I have some questions since Iโ€™m quite new with it and with Ethernet in general.

If my wiz550io is powered (and RSTn is high), I can directly ping it with a pc if my pc got an IP adress in the same network, right? (192.168.1.XXX) ? (theoretically)

I got a board with SPI communication, it provides the clock and everything.

What do I have to configure if i want the simpliest way to send datas using the Wiz550io/ethernet to read it with a computer ? (like โ€œsniffingโ€ ethernet port of my computer ? Using UDP or TCP? If so, what do I have to configureโ€ฆ)

Does someone can help me with that or redirect me to some help?

Thanks in advance and sorry for possible broken english.

1 Like

Dear Vermu

I think you can test WIZ550io with Arduino platform easily.
Please refer to the following link.

Thanks.

I donโ€™t have any arduino, isnโ€™t it possible with a PC?

WIZ550io is not for PC.
If you want to connect with PC, please the following product.
WIZ550S2E-232-EVB

http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wiz550s2e:start

WIZ550SR-EVB

http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wiz550sr:start

Thanks.

Hum, I donโ€™t want to connect the SPI with the PC, just the Ethernet, itโ€™s impossible?

If you have only WIZ550io, you cannot use Ethernet.
You must have the platform or MCU board like Arduino UNO.

PC1<USB>Arduino UNO<SPI>WIZ550io<RJ45 Jack:----------LAN----------:LAN Card>PC2
Or
MCU Host<SPI>WIZ550io<RJ45 Jack:----------LAN----------:LAN Card>PC1
Or
PC1<RS-232C>WIZ550S2E-232-EVB<RJ45 Jack:----------LAN----------:LAN Card>PC2

Thanks.

As i said in my first post : โ€œI got a board with SPI communication, it provides the clock and everything.โ€

Itโ€™s a custom board with a FPGA on it, I aim to use a microblaze or picoblaze on it

Actually, I donโ€™t know a microblaze or picoblaze.
When I search that, I found there is the bus interface. (I donโ€™t know if Iโ€™m right.)
If you want to use the bus interface instead of SPI, refer to W5300 chip.

Thanks.

Picoblaze and microblaze are softcores of Xilinx. You can use SPI on it (xilinx provide a code they developped where the FPGA is an SPI slave but you can make it a SPI master)

Hello,

I just have a question for the clock iโ€™m generating, itโ€™ll be faster if itโ€™s a yes, if itโ€™s a no, the SPI will be just a bit slower.

Does the clock the SPI master provide has to be 50% duty cycle? Iโ€™m doing it with a picoblaze and itโ€™s quite easy to generate a SPI clock where duty cycle <50% but the low and high state are both > 6ns (like the SPI datasheet of the W5500 suggest)

(Iโ€™m not working from scratch and the code which was provided by xilinx to make a SPI master for a flash memory is making a clock but not 50% duty cycle)