Data / command mode

Hello,
I am a bit confused regarging data and command mode and the data it can send to peer device or to a mobile phone.

1. When wizfi250 in data mode can it send At commands? Can it send data strings such as “hello” ?

2. When wizfi250 in command mode can it send At commands? Can it send data strings such as “hello” ?

3. When I connect the module to my home wifi as station mode I can send data as “hello” from my PHONE and receive it on my peer device MCU.

the question here is : can I send somehow AT commands as well?

1. When wifi module is in AP mode I can connect my PHONE and I can send AT commands ( by this form WizFi250AirCmd:AT+MINFO\r ) I can receive reply. When I connect a PEER device MCU to Tx/Rx then I continuously receive zero (null)
    when I query the wifi module with AT commands it says that I am in DATA mode and I cannot find a way to go to command ! The questions here are:

AT commands I can send, CAN I SEND data such as “hello” as well?
Why when I connect the MCU I continuously receive null cahacters?
THE MOST IMPORTAND > CAN I USE AIR COMMAND MODE IN STATION MODE( TO HAVE THE WIFI MODULE CONNECTED ON MY HOME ROUTER?

Thank you
Best Regards
Andreas

Hello,

There is description about ‘Command mode & Data mode’, so please refer to it.
http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:start#plugin_include__products__wizfi250__wizfi250pg__at_command_set-cmd_data_mode

Command mode is the default communication mode and all AT Commands can be used only at this mode.
Data mode, on the other hand, is the mode which passes data of application layers to peer devices directly, without AT commands or any other interventions.
So, we hope this answers Question 1 and Question 2.

1. Yes, you can. Use AirCMD. You can refer to following.

Please refer to following. http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:start#at_ssend
I suppose that was MCU’s response. Please check the MCU setting.
Yes, Air-command-mode can issue AT commands to the module via WiFi, while the WizFi250 is in the TCP server or UDP server operation mode.

Thank you,
Best Regards.

Hello Cliff,

Thank you for the reply.
I am a bit confused regarding my question number 3.
You say I can send AT commands when in Station mode. I try that and I get no response! Should I connect the wizfi to my home modem , then with a usb to a pc and send some specific command with putty to enable Air Command mode?

In your screen shot you send AT+WSET=1, … which ( 1) stands for AP mode!!!
then you send AT+ WSEC = 0, … which (0 ) stands for AP mode again!!! That confused me! So Air command only works at AP mode?

Can you please advise some more?

Thank you

Best Regards

Hi,

I’m really so sorry.
I misunderstood that.
Air command mode is only currently working on AP mode…

I’m so sorry again to inform you wrong information.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Hello Cliff,

No worries :slight_smile:

Thank you