Problem with brand new WIZwiki-W7500P

I just bought a new WIZwiki-W7500P to evaluate it for a new design. I unpacked it and connected via USB to my laptop. Trough the serial port reports everything as it should, including its IP:

[DEBUG] CID / PNM : …
MAC ADDRESS : 00:08:DC:01:02:03
IP ADDRESS : 192.168.77.9
GW ADDRESS : 192.168.77.1
SN MASK: 255.255.255.0
0:Listen, TCP server loopback, port [5000]

I connected the Ethernet port to my laptop, and set it to an IP in the same subnet (192.168.77.10). RJ45 Green light is solid and the Yellow is blinking, but the board doesn’t respond to Ping or anything else that I do. I even checked with Wireshark and the ARP packets are going out trough the interface but I get no response from the WIZNET board.

Has anyone had that problem before?

OK everything is looking a lot worst now. I downloaded the sample program W7500x_WZTOE_MANU.bin from the mbed page and flahsed the WIZNET board and now nothing works, not even the serial port. It doesn’t output anything.

There are two versions of this firmware. One for WizWiki-W7500 and one for WizWiki-W7500P and first one not work on W7500P. Here wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pro … e_firmware is firmware for W7500P.

And my piece of WizWiki-W7500P has problem to start. Some time I must reset it many times (10x or more).

Sorry for my english.

[quote=“Inakizi”]I just bought a new WIZwiki-W7500P to evaluate it for a new design. I unpacked it and connected via USB to my laptop. Trough the serial port reports everything as it should, including its IP:

[DEBUG] CID / PNM : …
MAC ADDRESS : 00:08:DC:01:02:03
IP ADDRESS : 192.168.77.9
GW ADDRESS : 192.168.77.1
SN MASK: 255.255.255.0
0:Listen, TCP server loopback, port [5000]

I connected the Ethernet port to my laptop, and set it to an IP in the same subnet (192.168.77.10). RJ45 Green light is solid and the Yellow is blinking, but the board doesn’t respond to Ping or anything else that I do. I even checked with Wireshark and the ARP packets are going out trough the interface but I get no response from the WIZNET board.

Has anyone had that problem before?[/quote]

Default WizWiki-W7500P firmware doesnt’t respond to PING request. You can only connect to its IP (192.168.77.9) at TCP port 5000. You can use PuTTy for this (Telnet connect).

Thank you. The firmware you linked me too seems more useful than the one from the mbed page that I was trying before. Thank you for that.
I keep thinking I have a non-working board. Ethernet lights up but there is no way I can do telnet to the IP. Checking with Wireshark the board doesn’t even respond to ARP messages. Even if ping is not implemented I assume ARP is implemented in the demo firmware.

[quote=“Inakizi”]Thank you. The firmware you linked me too seems more useful than the one from the mbed page that I was trying before. Thank you for that.
I keep thinking I have a non-working board. Ethernet lights up but there is no way I can do telnet to the IP. Checking with Wireshark the board doesn’t even respond to ARP messages. Even if ping is not implemented I assume ARP is implemented in the demo firmware.[/quote]

Sorry, I lie. W7500P have implemented ping in hardware.You can enable or disable it in MD (Mode Register) register. I tested this feature and work nicely.

And output to UART (COM port) working?

COM port works OK, I can see it showing the link and the default IP and then is stuck in waiting for a connection. I’m really thinking this board is damaged somehow. Also like I mentioned before the board never responds to the ARP requests from the PC

Yes, this sounds bad. I can upload some photos of my WizWiki and you can check board for bad connections/soldering. But if you have a board in the warranty would be better to let it replace.

I have bought 4 Wizwiki-w7500p… none of them worked ok with ethernet.
Eventhough all of them are working OK, I can use drag and drop, keil and so to test anything in the hardware… nothing about ethernet seems to work

• CAN’T PING THE NEW BOARD!!!
  • TCP CLIENT does not work
  • Inside keil, I tried manually to activate PING BLOCK in Mode Register @0x46002300(= 0x10) and it does not become “10”, but if I try with Reset bit: @0x46002300(= 0x80) it does reset the chip.
    So, my conclusion is that W7500P is not really working good yet. I am really sad about that, because it seemed to be an amazing chip with 32bit arm + Ethernet… but nothing seem to work.
    I would like to know if someone could test succesfully WIZWIKY-W7500P on ethernet … I have bought it on Mouser last month and this month.
    On the other hand, I have tested W5500 with optimum results, so I know how to do the tests, I am not new on this.
    I hope some could say something about a good ethernet experience on W7500P or Wizwiki-w7500p.

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

I have been working with the W7500P for some time now. My overall experience is pretty good, but the example software lacks some important features.

First, I have experienced some problems with a router, the Experiabox v8. After a long debugging stage I found out it does work on a 10Mb/s speed. Maybe you could try with a different router? I’m trying to get Wiznet to come up with a better software solution, but the respons is very slow.

The second thing I found was a bug in the mii connection. Phy_id tries every id until it finds one where the phy responded, but if nothing responds it returns all 1’s. At the end of the for look is check if a phy responded “check if data != 0” but when noting responded, data = 0xFFFF. So I’ve changed that so it contineous to try until a phy actually responds. This gives me the actual adress and full access to the phy registers.

Hope you didn’t already threw them away and this helps!

Happy new year.
I work with 6 WizWiki-7500P and two WizWiki-7500.
The goal is to use W7500P as a serial/network gateway
because the main board of a different brand does not have
free resources for networking anymore.
But the WIZ boards are not in use. There are startup (boot) problems
and most of the time, the leds of the ethernet connector
do not light. In this case no network connection is established.
They are powered by a 24V/5V DCDC converter which provides
3x times more power than needed overall. Competitor boards work fine.
Right now I found a solution to eliminate the Wiz boards of the project
and I have to say (I’m sorry for that): I’m lucky to get rid of them.
Joerg