Need help with burst mode for SPI communication with W5500 on Nucleo 446RE board using Mbed OS

Hello Wiznet community!

I’m currently working on a project that involves SPI communication with the W5500 Ethernet controller on the Nucleo 446RE development board using Mbed OS. I would like to implement burst mode for improved performance, but I’m facing some challenges. I was hoping someone could provide some guidance or insights on this matter.

Here are the details of my setup:

1. Development board: Nucleo 446RE
  2. Ethernet controller: W5500
  3. Software framework: Mbed OS (version 5.15)
  4. SPI communication interface

I have successfully established basic SPI communication with the W5500 using Mbed OS, but I want to leverage the burst mode feature to enhance the overall performance of my application. However, I’m not quite sure how to implement burst mode correctly.

Specifically, I have the following questions:

1. How do I enable burst mode for SPI communication with the W5500 on the Nucleo 446RE board using Mbed OS?
  2. Are there any specific configurations or settings that I need to consider when using burst mode?
  3. What are the advantages and potential limitations of using burst mode with the W5500?

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance on this topic. If anyone has successfully implemented burst mode with the W5500 on an STM32 board using Mbed OS, I would love to hear about your experiences and any recommendations you might have.

Thank you in advance for your support!

Best regards, Rohan