Does w5500 support multiple connection on same port?

W5500 as server.

Listen to the particular socket port like “502”.

My question is:

Does w5500 support multiple client (their IP addr is different) connection on the port “502”,if yes, what’s the limit connection?

Hello kw123,

Yes, W5500 supports multiple connection with the same port number.
And the number of connection depends on how many sockets are listening by your setting.
If only Socket 0 is listening with port number 502, only one client can connect to W5500.
But if you make two sockets listen with port number 502, those two sockets can accept the connection request from two different clients.

As W5500 has 8 independent sockets, it can support to up to 8 clients.

Thank you.

James.

[quote=“javakys”]Hello kw123,

Yes, W5500 supports multiple connection with the same port number.
And the number of connection depends on how many sockets are listening by your setting.
If only Socket 0 is listening with port number 502, only one client can connect to W5500.
But if you make two sockets listen with port number 502, those two sockets can accept the connection request from two different clients.

As W5500 has 8 independent sockets, it can support to up to 8 clients.

Thank you.

James.[/quote]

I understand what you said.
But my question is:
if w5500 as a server and only open one socket,and only listen to this port (502),
assuming that there is a client already have connected with w5500 on the port 502,then another client which the IP is different send a connection request to w5500(on the port 502 too),will this be accept by w5500?

if yes,what’s the limitation?

I’m sorry to say that it is impossible for another client to connect to.
The socket handling mechanism is different between WIZnet Wxxx series chip and software TCP/IP protocol.
If you want multiple connections, you should make multiple sockets listen in advance.

Thank you.

James.