7500S2E-R1 lock-up (becomes unresponsive)

Hi everyone. We are experiencing a serious issue with the 7500S2E-R1 module, which is causing it to lock-up completely from time to time. The symptoms are: it stops responding to requests, the web management interface can’t be reached, and it doesn’t even respond to ping. It has to be power cycled to recover. We have seen this problem on multiple modules.

Has anybody else experienced this or know what might be triggering it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hello.

If I reset, does the module work normally?

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, if the module is power cycled it works normally again.

Does it mean that it works well and then suddenly becomes like that?

How is the environment around you? Isn’t it an environment where there is a lot of dust or static electricity? This phenomenon can also occur when static electricity is large.

Or, you need to check if there is any abnormality in the power source.

Hi, many thanks for these suggestions. Yes your description is correct - it works well, and then all of a sudden stops responding. I will try to get an electrical engineer to check the power source.

Yes, please check and contact me.

Hi again Alan. I’ve spoken to the engineers involved in designing this system, and the WIznet module is in a sealed box and extremely low EMF environment. The power supply is also well filtered, so we believe our issue is very unlikely to be caused by the things you suggested.

We will try to do some tests of the power source when we get chance to be certain. In the meantime, we wanted to ask if it is possible that this could be triggered by a high-traffic network environment, or some other communications issue?

I should add that the module does sometimes still respond to ping when this occurs, but no other communication is possible and the management web interface is not accessible.

If it doesn’t work at all, or if it doesn’t work after power off and on, it may be because the module is damaged due to external environmental factors.
But that’s not the case this time.
It’s my first time experiencing a symptom that it works again when I turn it off and put it back on.

You didn’t change the firmware, right? Can you tell me the status of other modules connected together?

We have experienced these symptoms in an environment with a strong EMS.

No, we have not changed the firmware. Please could you clarify what you mean by the “status of other modules connected together”? Thanks!