PCB Antenna, AT+MMSG

Hi,

first of all, great product, easy to use and versatile!

I have a couple of questions regarding the wizfi250 module.

Is it possible to safely cut of the pcb antenna on the module? I only want to use the ufl connector and save some space. Do you consider to release a version of the wizfi250 module without the pcb antenna?

According to your product documentation, the AT+MMSG=1 command should print responses (like [OK] and so on). But that’s not true. I get no responses other then [Link-Up Event] when using AT+WJOIN. But [OK] should be printed as well. Only AT+MMSG=2 does that but with additional unwanted data (like “…joining…”). I am using the latest firmware 1.0.1.8.

Thanks in advance!

Hi

Is it possible to safely cut of the pcb antenna on the module?
I only want to use the ufl connector and save some space. Do you consider to release a version of the wizfi250 module without the pcb antenna?
- Wiznet already supply WizFi250 cutted pcb antenna. It is called WizFi250 uFl version. so I recommend to use WizFi250 uFl version.

According to your product documentation, the AT+MMSG=1 command should print responses (like [OK] and so on). But that’s not true. I get no responses other then [Link-Up Event] when using AT+WJOIN. But [OK] should be printed as well. Only AT+MMSG=2 does that but with additional unwanted data (like “…joining…”). I am using the latest firmware 1.0.1.8.

- We will check about this issue and then we will send response to you.

Thank you

Hello Azriel

Regarding AT+MMSG, you’re right.
With <AT+MMSG=1>, WizFi250 doesn’t response [OK].

WIZnet already have 2 type of WizFi250-
1st-one is WizFi250-PA(original, u.FL and PCB Antenna) and 2nd-one is WizFi250-CON(newly added, cut PCB antenna, only u.FL).
Please specify the model-type, when you order WizFi250.

Hi,

thanks for your answers.

@ssekim: Regarding your answer to question 1, is that the desired behavior of the module or will it be changed in a future firmware (e.g. add another mode to AT+MMSG (maybe AT+MMSG=4) that does exactly what AT+MMSG=1 is supposed to do)?

Regarding question 2:
I ordered my modules @ shop.wiznet.eu (that’s your official european store right?) but it seems that there is no WizFi250-CON version. Can you maybe tell me when the new modules are available there?

Again, thanks in advance!

Hello Azriel

1. So far, WIZnet have no plan to change <AT+MMSG> function. (because of a kind of backward compatibility)

2. Yes, http://shop.wiznet.eu is WIZnet.EU’s official site.
    And regarding , you had better ask that question to WIZnet.EU by e-mail(support@wiznet.eu) or phone.

Regards