Lose config after a few hours

Hi,
I use the Wizfi360 modules in my own hardware and have configured them permanently as an AP with its own SSID. I have 500+ modules in use.
Now I have a second module which does not keep the saved configuration and switches back to the default configuration after a few hours. It keeps the configuration for 1-2 hours without power and loses it after 2+ hours.

All 500+ modules have the same wifi config, but only two of them making problems. Newest firmware update has same problem.

What could be the reason?

Regards,
Michael

Hey there,
I can understand it can be very frustrating to hear that you’re experiencing issues with a couple of your Wizfi360 modules losing their configuration. Here are some potential reasons and steps to address the problem:

1. Check Power Supply: Make sure the problematic modules are receiving a stable and sufficient power supply. Fluctuations or insufficient power could cause them to reset to default settings.

2. Re-flash Firmware: Even though you’ve updated the firmware, there could be a corruption issue with these specific modules. Try re-flashing the firmware to see if that helps.

3. Inspect Memory: The modules store configurations in EEPROM or flash memory. If this memory is faulty, the configuration might not be saved properly. Consider testing or replacing the memory if needed.

4. Evaluate Environmental Factors: Extreme temperatures or humidity could affect the module’s performance. Check if the environment where the problematic modules are located differs from the others.

5. Consider Manufacturing Defects: If all else fails, there might be a rare manufacturing defect with these specific modules. Contact the manufacturer for replacements or further assistance.

By systematically addressing these potential issues, you should be able to identify and resolve the problem with your modules.

1. Power Supply is OK
  2. Done, but without improvement
  3. How?
  4. No problems there
  5. Possibly, but how do I find out?

I assume the WIzfi360 only has the flash and no EEProm - hard to imagine that this is defective. It won’t also have a battery for storage, will it?

I suspect it might be a software/firmware problem after all.

Hi,

Do all 500 modules except 2 have config and power off and on still have the set value?
If you set the config on 2 modules that are experiencing problems and turn it off and turn it back on before 2 hours, does the set value remain?

Do all 500 modules except 2 have config and power off and on still have the set value?
Yes

If you set the config on 2 modules that are experiencing problems and turn it off and turn it back on before 2 hours, does the set value remain?
Yes, within 2 hours it stores the values without power, after 2-4 hours booth lost it.

It seems like memory faulty.
Please request an RMA of problem module through the distributor from whom you purchased the WizFi360 module. We will receive it and verify.