[From QnA] WIZ108SR Driver?

Hi,
I bought the WIZ108SR for RS-485 purposes, while the products that I work with, some programs have a choice of using TCP/IP connection, others only via a COM Port on the computer. And I used to work with Digi devices, which have a software that installs the serial converter as a COM port on the computer. Does WIZnet have that? Or, how would I be able to choose for example COM port 2 on the PC, and it would be the WIZ108SR device?

Best regards

Dear customer,
Thanks for your interest in Wiz108sr.
Wiz108r don’t support the driver source code,
Just bin file only support.
If you just want to use as test(for example, TCP connection), you have to connect the lan cable.
And If you want to use the test using serial port, you’re use the serial command.
For detailed information, please refer to user manual.
Thanks,
WIznet

But could I make a COM Port director using the WIZ108SR?

Dear customer,

If you want to debug, you have to check the “Enable debug message output” check box in configuration.
If this mode is checked, you can monitor the status of module and socket message like listen OK, connect fail etc. through serial terminal. If debug mode is on, debug message can cause abnormal operation of the serial device. Therefore, just use this mode only for debug mode.
thanks,
WIZnet

Congratulations on the opening of WIZnet FORUM !

I don’t need to debug, I have tested it via TCP/IP, and it works fine. What I need is really a way to create a virtual COM port on the PC, in order to be able to choose a COM port in an application and that that COM port is the TCP/IP serial device.

Is this possible?

I’m sorry that I misunderstood.
You wrote,

[quote]I don’t need to debug, I have tested it via TCP/IP, and it works fine. What I need is really a way to create a virtual COM port on the PC, in order to be able to choose a COM port in an application and that that COM port is the TCP/IP serial device.

Is this possible?[/quote]
Yes, you can use WIZVSP for Virtual COM port.
But, you need to do something in order to use WIZVSP.

I don’t know where you’re now. If you go to WIZnet’s web site ([url]http://www.wiznet.co.kr/sub_modules/en/howtobuy/Distributor.asp[/url]), then you can find a distributor who is near to you.
Then, you can request WIZVSP and registration key to that distributor.
Then they may support you.

Thank you.

javakys