Need Technical Assistance on W5500-EVB board

Hi,

I have now purchased the W5500-EVB board for evaluation. Once the evaluation stage is over I need to buy W5500 in large quantities once the board goes for production.
I have the requirement of interfacing an FPGA board with the W5500-EVB. I need to send the FPGA output data over Ethernet. The other project requirement is to make our prototype work as an FTP server.
Kindly provide us technical support on this aspect ASAP. Please route this email to the concerned technical person to whom I can interact with.

Thanks & Regards
Nagendra.S.V
Manager- Design Services
FTD Automation Private Limited ,Bangalore-560095
Tel: +91 (080) 42600900 | Mobile: +91 97391 93222
www.ftdautomation.com

Hi, svangendra!

Do you want to implement the FTPserver on FPGA ?

WIZnet just supports the C-level source code for W5500.
If you want to FPGA FTP Server, you shoud developement W5500 driver and FTP server by using HDL language, by yourself.
WIZnet just can advice to you.
During developmenting them, If you need a help, feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.

No I don’t want to implement FTP server inside the FPGA.
I am trying to implement FTP server outside the FPGA by using LPC11E36 processor and W5500 chip.
I wanted to pass the FPGA output bits over Ethernet.
If i compile and implement the C codes available from Github on to LPC11E36 processor, will that get configured automatically?
Once the FTP server link is established, can i pass the FPGA output bits to LPC11E36 processor using SSP interface?
I need the method of interfacing FPGA to (LPC11E36 processor + W5500 chip).
So please assist.

Hi,
Once the FTP server link is established, can i pass the FPGA output bits to LPC11E36 processor using SSP interface?
ANS:
I think it can. If you implement like SSP interface using FPGA, you can control W5500.

SSP frame is explained at datasheet. You need to generate like that signal using FPGA.

Thanks.

Hi team,

i am using W5500 controller for one of our project in which facing an issue in sending/receiving data.

W5500 EVB same schematic is what i am using for my design

Yellow light is blinking and orange light is not blinking.

i need verify my design is proper are not.

i cant attache my schematic PDF are image in this text box

let me know how i can proceed further i need to send my schematic so that you can verify is it proper are not.

If any changes required please inform.

Thank You,
Murugesh H M
Design Engineer
+91 9964980044

www.emelitetechsolutions.in

I’ve responded to this via email.

Scott

Hi team,

i am using W5500 controller for one of our project in which facing an issue in sending/receiving data.

W5500 EVB same schematic is what i am using for my design

Yellow light is blinking and orange light is not blinking.

please send a working schematic

i cant attache my schematic PDF are image in this text box

let me know how i can proceed further i need to send my schematic so that you can verify is it proper are not.

If any changes required please inform.

Thank You,
Murugesh H M
Design Engineer
+91 9964980044
murugesh@emelitetechsolutions.in
www.emelitetechsolutions.in

i got wiznet w5500 Ethernet module schematic, we designed same.

but facing same issues…

i am a new bee for this design technology , can any one guide me for the same.

thanks in advance!!!

murugesh@emelitetechsolutions.in

Scott

I send you our schematic please refer once and let me know is it fine are need to change anything

Thanks in advance

Hi Team,

i got wiznet w5500 Ethernet module schematic, i am trying to designed same.

but facing some issues…

I am a new bee for this design technology , can any one guide me for the same.

I stuck in hardware issue,

Since I am designing a small PCB board there is a confusions in design

1)  RJ45 Connector pin 8 is GND in some design do i need to make it GND are leave it 
        2) please guide me where are the important Testpoints required for testing the signals 
        3) since i am using LM2576 3.3V Regulator for this design is it sufficient for the design
        4) since i need to design a Small PCB please give us an inputs that what should be the size of the design and signal length and any important points for designing PCB
        5) i am designing this PCB for 2layer is it sufficient are need to go for another layer please guide me 

I need to attach my Schematic please guide me how to attach file

thanks in advance!!!
MURUGESH H M

Scott

Hi Team,

we are working on wiznet w5500 Ethernet module schematic, i am trying to designed same.

but facing some hardware issues…

Also let us know if we’ve to use any specific packages or any specific tolerance.

Currently we’ve selected 0805 resistor packages.

If there is a PCB design or Gerber and BOM list share with us, such that it’ll be easy for us to make the working board quickly.

Also share any inputs for the PCB designer. Request you to consider this on priority and provide to solve this issue.

Hi Scott,

We are waiting for your response pleas give us any suggestions so that we can go further process,

We designed schematic as per your suggestion please have a look at once and let me know for any changes require,

We are in a final stage we stuck in hardware issue,

We need your help and support please do a needful

Also let us know if we’ve to use any specific packages or any specific tolerance.

If there is a PCB design or Gerber and BOM list share with us, such that it’ll be easy for us to make the working board quickly.

Also share any inputs for the PCB designer.

Thanks & Regards,
Murugesh H M

Hi Scott,

We are waiting for your response pleas give us any inputs so that we can go further process,

We designed schematic as per your suggestion please have a look at once and let me know for any changes require,

We are in a final stage we stuck in hardware issue,

We need your help and support please do a needful

Also share any inputs for the PCB designer.

Thanks & Regards,
Murugesh H M

Hi Team,

we had purchased a W5500 EVB module for one of our project,

its working fine we need to include that in our module hence we go for a PCB design in that there is a communication problem,

with the help and support of SCOTT we went to design a new small PCB design in this New PCB LINKLED and ACTLED are blinking properly but there is now data communication,

please guide me on this how to solve this issue we are waiting for your reply,

Thanks and Regards,
Dheeraj

Facing same problem @Scott

Thanks & regards
Austin
austaleke@yahoo.com

Hi,
WizNet Team,

We have purchased the W5500-EVB board for an Ethernet based project. We are planning to interface FPGA(Spartan 3 or Spartan 6) with an Ethernet(W5500) module. We want to display some sensor based data on web from FPGA and from webpage to FPGA for further processing. After completing the project we want to buy more W5500 modules to develop a network of sensor nodes.
The major requirement is interfacing an FPGA board with the W5500-EVB. I need to send the FPGA output data over Ethernet as an HTTP webpage.
Kindly provide us with your support on this and suggest some ideas to deal with the project. Please send this email to the concerned person with whom I can interact.

Thanks & Regards
Dsouza Alrich Xavier
Student- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Mobile: 9137648124
Email: 2020.alrich.dsouza@ves.ac.in