Wizfi 250 comms through TCP client

Hello,

I have the wizfi250 board and I want to connect it with an android via TCP client or server application.

1. When I connect the wizfi250 through USB cable to a PC and then use putty, I can send AT commands to the module and RECEIVE an answer as “ok”
    BUT
  2. When I have the module connected as AP , when I try to connect to it with the android, then the app seems to be connected with the module but when I send the command “AT” I do not get an answer! Will the module give me an answer when connected like that or not? What I have to do in order to speak to it and know that is listening?
  3. I try to send AT+FGPIO= 1, 5 in order to have 5Volts at general port #5 but it does not work. Is this the way to activate the general I/O pins?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Andreas Achilleos

Hi soellicha.

Q: When I have the module connected as AP , when I try to connect to it with the android, then the app seems to be connected with the module but when I send the command “AT” I do not get an answer! Will the module give me an answer when connected like that or not? What I have to do in order to speak to it and know that is listening?

[quote]A: When you send the command “AT” at the APP, you can’t get an answer. The App(TCP Clinet) just sent “AT” as a DATA, not an AT Command for module control.
If you want to control the module at the APP(TCP Client), you have to use the command “AT+MAIRCMD”. Please refer to the following link.
[url]http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:start#air_command_mode_-_wizfi250aircmd[/url][/quote]

[quote]1. The “AT” was sent by APP(TCP Client).

1. A WizFi250(APmode TCP Server) can receive “AT” as a data.

[/quote]

Q: I try to send AT+FGPIO= 1, 5 in order to have 5Volts at general port #5 but it does not work. Is this the way to activate the general I/O pins?

[quote]A: There is the way to activate the general I/O pins.
AT+FGPIO=1,5,1 << it means that a GPIO 5 set to HIGH
AT+FGPIO=1,5,0 << it means that a GPIO 5 set to LOW
First option: to set GPIO value.
Second option: GPIO number
Third option: 1=HIGH, 0=LOW

Please refer to the following connections.
I recommend using 3.3V instead of 5V
[/quote]

[quote]

[/quote]

Thanks.