[From QnA] Using Wiz110sr

I am hoping to use the wiz110sr to transfer files between a network and a CNC machine with an RS232 port. It appears that the 110sr will handle the details of making the network connection, but I don’t know what to do next. I realize that this is a pretty broad question for a forum like this, but I need to know what specific strings I need to send out the RS232 port to get the server to send a file, and to send a file to the server. If you can direct me to a reference that could give me that information I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Dear customer,
Thanks for your interest in wiz110sr.
Network mode of WIZ110sr are client, server, mixed mode.
Module and serial setting can modify through configuration tool.
For more information, refer to user manual.
Thanks,
WIZnet

We are a scalemanufacturer ltd from Hungary. We buyed any pieces WIZ110SR for our scale indicators, secondary displays or printers too, and we like work directly without PC programm. But when we set the your mudules in DHCP mode, the other side only can set server IP, and not the host name. We think so, this isn’t a good idea, because nothing garanted, when the WIZ110SR reconnect it get the same IP with the DHCP.
Why could not set the Host Name of server when it get IP with DHCP in your Configuration Tool ver 3.0.2,
for example its fully qualified name \WIZ1x0SR1B8988.
Nevertheless, this your product is a great idea.

Wait your answer.

[quote=“Metrisoft”]We are a scalemanufacturer ltd from Hungary. We buyed any pieces WIZ110SR for our scale indicators, secondary displays or printers too, and we like work directly without PC programm. But when we set the your mudules in DHCP mode, the other side only can set server IP, and not the host name. We think so, this isn’t a good idea, because nothing garanted, when the WIZ110SR reconnect it get the same IP with the DHCP.
Why could not set the Host Name of server when it get IP with DHCP in your Configuration Tool ver 3.0.2,
for example its fully qualified name \WIZ1x0SR1B8988.
Nevertheless, this your product is a great idea.

Wait your answer.[/quote]

DHCP server just provide the IP address and if you always have the same IP address from the DHCP server, you can set the hostname in the “hosts file” under "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"

Thanks
JB