W7500P I/O input 5v Tolerant?

Hi,

Ive just bought the W700P demo board. I would like to know if the digital input pin are 5V tolerant? Ive also a UART device thats the TX is 5V. Can I connnect directly?

Best regards,
John

According to datasheet version 104, table 16, page 115 chapter 25.2.1 General operating conditions : NO

Standard operating voltage : 2.7 to 3.6 volt

Vio input voltage on PIN Vss -0.3 (just below zero) to 3.6 volt.

Hope that helps, read datasheet for detail info.
Best regards,
Edwin van den Oetelaar

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
On the page wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pro … w:electric mention “Input voltage on IO pins (Max 5.6v)”.
On the LPC11U3x page 31 mention “5 V tolerant digital I/O pins”.

Should I follow only the information on W7500P reference manual? Where can I found the 1.0.4 version? I only found the 1.0.3 (wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.p … m_v103.pdf)

Best regards,
John

[quote=“joaopaulob”]Hi Edwin,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
On the page wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=pro … w:electric mention “Input voltage on IO pins (Max 5.6v)”.
On the LPC11U3x page 31 mention “5 V tolerant digital I/O pins”.

Should I follow only the information on W7500P reference manual? Where can I found the 1.0.4 version? I only found the 1.0.3 (wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.p … m_v103.pdf)

Best regards,
John[/quote]

The values you quote are under this line:

Absolute maximum ratings
These are stress ratings only and functional operation of the device at these conditions is not implied. Exposure to maximum rating conditions for extended periods may affect device reliability.

So I think (and I am not working for wiznet, just a designer for 20 years) that these values should not be applied to the device under normal conditions.

You mention the “LPC11U3x page 31 mention “5 V tolerant digital I/O pins”.” but what do these have to do with the wiznet chip?
Is the wiznet chip really a LPC11U3x ? I have looked at the datasheet and although they both have a cortex M0 core, there are many differences, including the memory map and IO PAD architecture.

I can nowhere find reference to “5 volt tolerant” in the wiznet documents.
wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.p … s_v104.pdf

Hi Edwyn,

Thanks for the answer. I’ll follow your advise.

Best regards,
John