W5500 No PHY Link

I have had the same issues regarding auto-negotiation with some switches, and this thread lead to a solution for me.

I tried replacing the suggested 33 Ohms damping resisters with 0 Ohm and it is now able to auto-negotiate with all my network equipment.

Hope this helps someone, as this thread has helped me.

3 Likes

Hi,
I’ve also designed and built in 33 Ohm damping resistors in front of a HY931147C magjack and facing link issues with Netgear GS724T switch.
The switch port is just fluctuating between up and down states according to the switch log quite rapidly (2-3 secs)
Sometimes it stays up for a while, but not more than for an hour.

After disabling spanning tree* (enable “FastLink” in Netgear terminolgy) on the switch port connected to W5500 the link became stable.
In GS724T the setting can be found on GUI: Switching / STP / Advanced CST Port configuration or on CLI:
interface g4
spanning-tree edgeport

This thread is very helpful and just wanted to contribute with my findings.

*edit:
according to Netgear manual enabling FastLink does not disable STP on the port:
“If Fast Link mode is enabled for a interface, the Port State is automatically placed in the Forwarding state when the port link is up. Fast Link optimizes the STP protocol convergence.”

1 Like

I’m trying to integrate the w5500 directly on my product. I’ve successfully used the 5500io module. I can’t get my w5500 to link to a router. The w5500io module does.
I’m using the same magnetics as the 5500io, I’ve copied the schematic. I’ve checked signals by sending a 10% 5MHZ signal on the orange / green pairs, and get identical results with a scope on pins 1,2 and 5,6 of the w5500. I do have 25MHZ clock into the w5500.

I’ve done hardware reset, software reset, sent IP, Sub, Gate, MAC. What should I send for PHYCFGR and MODE_REG? What am I missing?

What does the PIC processor on the 5500io module send the w5500 on power up?