I am having issue with new PCB designed around Arduino 328-W5500 chip, which is driving me crazy…
New board is designed on same W5500 schematic (in attachment) as previous one, same components used, but this one doesn’t work…
When lan cable is connected to board, Link is up, link led have steady yellow light but FDX led also lights steady!
Pc cannot ping W5500 chip - no reply but on the other side, chip is sending UDP data to network. Arduino based chip seems to be working fine, output from serial monitor is showing that w5500 is set to correct IP address.
Arduino code that is used to send data to network over UDP is working, I am able to send correct data from Arduino>W5500 to network.
Wireshark is showing source correct IP address of the chip, so I came to conclusion that transmit side from chip is working fine.
Must be something with Receive side of the design
So far I have tried following:
- Different LAN cables, from 1m-3m, straight and crossover
- Connection to PC and network switch
- De-soldered Resistors R14 & R15 from CS and INT bus
- Removed Ressistors R32 to R36 - according to wiznet, these are used for stability but not included in my previous PCB design
- Removed AtMega 328 from PCB to avoid issue on MISO/Mosi buses
- Disconnected pin 2-RCT from RJ45 connector (I am using Bel Stewart SI-60062-F RJ45 connector)
NOthing helped, same result - FDX led is always on
I am planning to make following changes further:
- Increase capacitance of C10 & C11 capacitors from 6.8nF to 10nF (used in some designs)
- Reduce value of damping resistors R12-R17 from 33ohm to 0ohm
Any other suggestions are welcome
Only difference in W5500 is that these are produced in 2016, old PCB had ones produced in 2014.
Possible that these chips are different?
Thank you in advance for any info