Boot mode/putty

Hello,
I follow the instructions of the youtube video to enter boot mode but with NO success. As the module is powered on I plug the connector to jumper 3 , press the reset button but only the LED 4 lights up and not LED 3 as well. Any ideas?

Also when I open putty I open a session with the 115200, 8, 1, N settings then at the screen I suppose to write it does not accept any letters! I type and nothing shows on screen!
Any ideas on that?

which terminal server software they use in the youtube video?

Also I opened the firmware update tool and cannot find the wizfi250. Do I need to install additional drivers?

Thank you

Hello,

Well…I think, you should re-check that.

There’s a problem with the red box, right?
If it so, please check status from following.

• Mode LED Indicate Data/Command Mode
    :diamonds: LOW(ON) : Data Mode
    :diamonds: HIGH(OFF) : Command Mode

• Wi-Fi LED Indicate Wi-Fi Association
    :diamonds: LOW(ON) : Wi-Fi is associated
    :diamonds: HIGH(OFF) : Wi-Fi is not associated

About terminal program, I suppose, it was acts on data mode.
If you want to know about it detailed, please check following.
[url]http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250pg:start#command_mode_data_mode[/url]
Also, terminal program is used in youtube video is “Helcules”.

And following is wizfi250’s firmwate update tool and files.
[url]http://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:wizfi250:wizfi250firmware:start[/url]
Please check again about that.

Thanks, regards.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply

1. I put the jumper for boot mode, and only the wifi LED is ON , is this correct?
  2. In device manager I get “unknown device” - FT232R USB UART and no association with a COM port, so I cannot communicate through putty.
    ARE there any drivers for the wizfi?
    3.I have managed to send data to wizfi from MCU

when I send “AT” I get a response “++AT”
when I send “AT\r” I get a response “error invalid input”
when I send anything else I do not get a response, even if I send “AT+UART=?” ANY IDEAS?
latest update
when I send AT commands and listen for a response I get null value -like nothing.
So if I send to wizfi “AT\r” and get an invalid response, THEN what is a valid command?

Thank you

Hello,

1. If you set the boot mode, it will.
    But, if you don’t that, you can see result like on the video.

2. I will attach driver file on your e-mail. Please check it after install that.

3. Well…You should check if it is boot mode.
    AT command not operate on boot mode.

Thanks, regards.

Hello Cliff

Thanks for the reply

1. What video do you mean? I set the boot mode but maybe the driver is the problem. *edit installed the driver and managed to upgrade wizfi module!

2. I downloaded the driver but has extension of .zzz HOW do I use that? ( edit FIXED is OK now I changed the extension to ZIP - extracted it and worked THANKS!!! )

3. When I send the AT commands only the wifi LED is on the MODE is off, is this correct?
    Also I try to send AT commands from the MCU with both LEDs off MODE & WIFI and I get no response!!!
    On which FORMAT should I send the AT commands?
    So far I send as string ( “AT” )
    should I send ( "A,T\r) ?
    should I send as ascii number? ( 65 , 84 ) ? 65 for A and 84 for T ? What about the comma?

Thank you!

Hello,

1. I mean the youtube video for instruction.
  2. It’s a good thing that.
  3. First, I already explaned about operation of LED.
    AT command operates in “command mode”.
    It doesn’t matter “AT” or “AT\n”. Both of them was handled by WizFi250.
    I do not know which MCU to use, but it might be a good idea to analyze the WizFi250 source in the Arduino Library.
    If you need it, you can get to follwing.
    github.com/Wiznet/WizFi250_arduino_library

Thanks, regards.