WIZnet Developer Forum

W7107SR Problem - RX retuning bytes written in TX

Hello,

I am currently using the W7107SR to comunicate with another board via UART.

My application uses Ethernet to communicate with W7107SR. The W107SR converts the payload to RS232, sending via TX line to my other board.

The problem I’m having is when the payload sent by my application is a status command. The status command triggers a response from my board into the RX line of the W7107SR, so it can send to the application my board’s current status. After the w7107SR successfully sends the status response to my application, it returns in the TX line the number of bytes written in ASCII format (“10\r\n” for example). This behavior corrupts the command that follows the status command.

I thought it was a debugging feature, however using the Configuration Tool I unchecked the debugging option and it still sends the bytes written info to my board.

To test this behavior I used Hercules connecting to TCP Client:

1 - Hercules sends 3 commands in a row: reset, status, configuration
2 - W7107SR sends the reset command in TX.
3 - Board executes the reset.
4 - W7107SR sends the status command in TX.
5 - Board respond the status command.
6 - W107SR starts sending the configuration command in TX.
7 - W7107SR successfully sends the status response back to Hercules.
8 - W71707SR inserts the number of bytes written to Hercules in TX (Before finishing sending the configuration command)
9 - Board receives an invalid corrupt configuration command. (Which means, the number of bytes written to Hercules is in the middle of my command)

Is there a way to disable it? Are there any alternatives solution to my problem?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Are you using Hercules as a server?
If so, I doubt you set “server echo” enabled.

You only encountered WIZ107SR send some bytes, which it sent to the Hercules right before, back.
I guess Hercules send it back to the module.
WIZ107SR must forward data which it received from ethernet.

Thank you.

James.

Thank you for your response javakys,

However I’m not using Hercules as a server. I’m conecting using TCP Client.

Also, I build a quick C application to send the status command. I made sure my application wasn’t on “echo mode” and the w7107SR still sends the number of bytes received by the application,

I used wireshark to sniff the connection and it really seems to be the w7107SR.

Anyone has any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Please let me know which firmware version you’re using.

Thank you.

James.

Copyright © 2017 WIZnet Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.