WizVSP crashing

Hello,
we have WIZ110SR with firmware version 5.13. The WizVSP is version 1.8.0 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64bit). We have successfully connected the WIZ110SR to Omron PLC and we can access the PLC via virtual COM port with CX-Programmer (Omron software) on the server.
After some time, the WizVSP crashes with unhandled exception. After this crash, opening WizVSP only displays attached message. After reboot everything is fine until next crash.

Because of the idiotic rules for new users of this forum I cannot upload more than one file and I cannot upload TXT files. So here is one combined file. If you need more details, send me an email to martin.kudlacek@auo.com.

Thanks for your answer in advance and have a nice day.
Martin Kudlacek

I do not know why, but it seems to be crashing while using the Windows library.
Have you tried reinstalling the program?

Are there any programs that are used except for WIZVSP?

Hello Kei,
I reinstalled the WizVSP and did another test run, but after couple of hours, it crashed again with the same message:

There are another programs installed on the server. Mainly Omron and Mitsubishi PLC programmers and Scada systems. We use this server for accessing PLCs. During the last test run, only the CX-Programmer was running, communicating with the PLC over WizVSP (COM3)

Thanks for any help,
Martin Kudlacek

When we tested, these issues did not exist.
It is more difficult to find the cause because it is not easy to know what effect each other has on each other.

What version of the .NET Framework are you using?
In my opinion, I recommend that you go through the update or test it on another Windows PC.

Thanks for answer. We have these versions of .NET installed:

3.5.1 (via Server Manager → Features)

We can test it on another PC - I’ll get back to you with the result. In my opinion, there is just some unhandled exception - just locate where exactly in the WizVSP code and put “try {} catch {}” around it. Otherwise, the software works OK.

Martin

We will share the issue with WIZVSP software developers.

Hello Kei,
we did another test run on Windows 7 Professional x64 and the result is the same. Same unhandled exception after around 7MB of data put through the WIZ110SR. The .NETs are version 1.1 and 4.6.1 on this computer.

OK, we shared this issue with WIZVSP developers. Debugging and response will take time, so please be patient.

Hello Kei,
how does it look? We need to resolve this. Even the information “we don’t know” is OK, we will choose another product, no harm done.

Thanks for reply,
Martin

Hi, Martin.
I think you can test it using an older version of the WizVSP program. You can also use the old version of the program with the same serial key that you have.

I will send the WizVSP 1.61 to your email.
Thank you.

Hi Eric,
thanks for reply. I still haven’t received any email, could you please resend it again to martin.kudlacek@gmail.com?

Thanks,
Martin

I sent the program to your new email address.
Please check it :slight_smile:

I got it, thanks Eric.

Martin

1 Like

So I extracted the files and ran the setup.exe but it ends up with error message “Unable to locate application file ‘Setup.msi’.”. And indeed there is no setup.msi in the zip file…

I’ve sent the program to your email again with ‘setup.msi’ file.
Please check again.

Got it, installation and configuration went fine. I will let it run for a while, then I’ll get back to you with the result.

Thanks again and have a nice day,
Martin

Hi,
just to let you know, the older WizVSP program did solve our problem. It’s running for more than a month without interruption with hundreds of MBs being pushed through.

Thank you for your cooperation and have a nice day,
Martin

1 Like