Communicating with Arduino UNO

I was wondering if the default SPI pins can be reconfigured to another set of pins.
The document as follows: wiznet.co.kr/UpLoad_Files/Re … Rev1.0.pdf
States pins 3 & 4 on the arduino are used for SPI communication. I’m using a motor shield whose serial pin configuration requires those pins. Can the WizFi SPI pins be reconfigured or should I look to see if the motor shields serial interface can be reconfigured?

These signals are used for WizFi shield so you’d better check if the motor shield can reconfigure these signals.
If it’s impossible, you need to 1) change the source code of WizFi shield and 2) change the h/w pin.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
So then its possible to simply just declare different pin configurations in the WizFi source code. I would imagine I would have to go into the libraries and reconfigure to available pins?
I checked the motor controller specs and it doesn’t specify re-configuring the pins

In s/w side, it’s right and you have to do h/w modification as changed configuration.

So my motor controller can use different pins than the Wizfi module, solves the issue of conflicting pins. I’m now wondering what would be the best way to communicate with my motor controller via wifi? My motor controller communicates with my Arduino using the SoftwareSerial library.

[quote=“rusty117”]I was wondering if the default SPI pins can be reconfigured to another set of pins.
The document as follows: wiznet.co.kr/UpLoad_Files/Re … Rev1.0.pdf
States pins 3 & 4 on the arduino are used for SPI communication. I’m using a motor shield whose serial pin configuration requires those pins. Can the WizFi SPI pins be reconfigured or should I look to see if the motor shields serial interface can be reconfigured?[/quote]

Hi rusty117, the latest WizFi Shield library has special function, SetPinMap(RST, D_RDY, SPI_CS), to be able to remap those pins.
I attached a sketch file which will show you how to use SetPinMap(…) function. I added this function to remap those pins when I made an example to control a motor like you.

Please refer to the attached file.
WizFi_RC.zip (2.47 KB)