SOCKERR_TIMEOUT after calling connect()

I am having trouble connecting a W5500 to a HTTP file server. The server runs fine if I use my PC to connect. But with W5500, connect() call always results with SOCKERR_TIMEOUT. Can someone look the Wireshark capture and tell me if the SYN packet from W5500 looks OK? Thanks.http_file_server_connect.zip (1.6 KB)

I need to call setSn_PORT() to set my source port. Otherwise I think W5500 will use the same destination port number as the source port.

Correct. By default it is 0. You set it to 80. Web server does not want to respond to port 80. Set the source port in range of 0xc000-0xfffe, and make the port number dynamic - so that for every new connection to this web server’s port 80 you use previous port number + 1.

Thanks for the comment.

What is still a bit of puzzling is that I made this mistake a few months ago by passing in port number 80, instead of 0, when calling socket() API for a HTTP client socket. This bug wasn’t discovered sooner because everything seemed to be working just fine in the office. However, when I took the device home and plugged it into my Google WiFi router, I couldn’t connect, as if either the SYN never reached the server or the SYN ACK was lost. Any theory why it was mistakenly working?