No valid signal from MISO

@Philipp_K, thank you for taking the time to reply.

1. Chip Select: Then that is correct as I am running it with active low as the yellow curve shows.
  2. The first attempt was to mimic the waveforms shown in the user manual (first two images from the original post) and the one from EDIT 1.
    • I can see an error there that there is no time between SS goes low and the first clock pulse on SCLK (as shown on the page 7 of the user manual).
  3. I am doing all this on an FPGA and I have assigned MISO to be an input signal. I do not think that the long cables and everything wired on a breadboard should be an issue.
  4. I have that “strange” looking waveforms because of this thread where apparently someone from WIZnet showed the device working with that so I do not know if I should follow the way the waveforms are in the manual or in that example where they show the device working.
  5. I am also sending the data length. If we split the MOSI wavefor, it is 00 0F (address) and 0001. Then, the 5th 8 group of pulses on SCLK is for reading the data on MISO.
    So, if I understand the manual correctly, I am sending 16 bits for address and 16 bits for OP and length. Then, I should generate the number of clock cycles accordingly to the length value (length x 8) and that is why, in this case that I want to read only one byte (address 0x000F) I am generating on SCLK 5 “packets” of 8 clock pulses.
  6. What do you mean with the dummy byte?

Thanks for the help.