W7500x and 3-Port Switch IC

Hi,

I’m interested in using the W7500x chips, but would like to make a module which can be connected inline (daisy-chained), which could be implemented by replacing the W7500 external PHY with a compatible three port Ethernet switch.

I’m not sure if there’s a simple 3-port switch IC with three PHY connections allowing the W7500P to be connected via the four Ethernet signals, as this might be simpler to route on a PCB, and allow a smaller switch IC.

Has this been done before on these products?

Regards,

PJE

Hi,

We have a product which W7500 and a Switch IC are embedded on.
It’s not released to the public but provided to some specific customers.
If you want, we can provide you with it.

Best regards,

James.

Hi James,

That sounds VERY interesting, my main issue would be my potential volumes are quite low due to it being a device for an industrial machine we build (<1000 units), although the end product would have a potentially much wider application in general industry. If this quantity is not an issue I’d be very interested in more information.

What would be ideal for my volumes would be a version of the WIZwiki-7500ECO where the CPU/PHY are replaced with this new chip and the two Ethernet port connections come out as pins to allow me to fit D-Coded M12 sockets and magnetics.

In my application I would be building a similar base board, but would probably not include the on-board USB programming interface, and simply connect to a SWD programming header as needed, while implementing a 24V to 3.3V power supply for the base and extension boards.

– PJE

Hi James,

We are in the process of developing a small Ethernet Node that requires to have the W7500 along with a suitable (small) 3-port Ethernet Switch. We were considering the KSZ8863RLL for the 3-port switch. Please let me know if you have any available reference data/schematic for this. Alternately, please suggest a suitable 3-Port Ethernet switch that I can use with the W7500 in our design.

Our requirement is to daisy chain multiple ethernet nodes (each with a W7500 + 3-port switch) to save on cabling costs. Each Node will have 2x RJ45 Jacks for Ethernet In/Out.

Best Regards,

Raj

Any information on this? I am having a very hard time understanding how to interface a W5500 with a switch IC. I need to have my host processor (via the W5500) connected to a switch IC (still trying to find a suitable one) so that I have for example 4 switched ports on my pcb and allow each port (connected to a laptop) to talk to my application which uses the w5500.

Hi Javakys,

I just found this thread and it is very interesting. A chip like the one you described would be quite helpful for a product I’m currently developing. Until now, I had planned on using the three separate components (switch, MCU and WIZNet processor). Could you provide any additional information about the chip you mentioned?

I’d be happy to provide my business contact information via DM, if required.

Regards,

-Tuna

Hi Raj,

Sorry that I missed your post.
Unfortunately, we don’t have any reference using KSZ8863RLL.
But we have a reference using a different switch IC.
I ask my colleague to attach the reference schematic here.

Thank you.

James.

Hi Tuna,

What I mentioned is not about a chip.
It’s a module which consists of W7500 and a switch IC.

James.

Hi @tuna, @photon4, @cdasher,

Please refer to the attachment as a reference.

2Port_S2E_V001_1.pdf (726.1 KB)

Thank you.

James.

Would it be possible to get some of these modules? Also, what is the lead time for production?

Yes, possible.
Its lead time is 4 weeks.

Thank you.

James.