I cannot get my W7500P to acquire IP address from DHCP server.
I am running DHCP example as is, and there is no DHCPOFFER received after sending DHCPDISCOVER message.
Also, there is a strange behaviour when running loopback.
I will describe my setup first:
The board is powered through 1-in 1-out PoE switch. The PoE switch is connected to LAN port of an access point.
In Loopback example (static IP), the MCU links OK. But it is not visible on the network (same subnet). I can connect to the MCU ONLY if connecting directly (through PoE switch) my laptop and the MCU board and the loopback example works fine.
As I said, DHCP example does not work at all.
Does it have to do with a particular router? I have a bit complex wireless infrastructure in my office:
- there is a wireless router 1 with SSID “network” with the address 192.168.0.1
- there is another wireless router 2 with the same SSID connected wirelessly to the router 1, with the address 192.168.0.10.
- the MCU is connected by cable to the router 2 (through PoE switch)
- DHCP server runs on the router 1
- The both routers are the same tenda model.
So, the connection of the MCU board is: PoE switch -> router 2 with no DHCP server -> router 1 with DHCP server.
Please note that if I connect my laptop in the same way it works fine (acquires IP address). However, through wireshark I can see that the laptop first sends DHCPREQUEST instead of DHCPDISCOVER message.
Please help, I have no idea what the problem is.