WIZ750SR-100 network firmware update fails

Hello,

I made my own custom board where a WIZ750SR-100 is fitted.
The WIZ750SR-100 comes with a 1.2.4 firmware according to “Wiznet S2E configuration tool 1.1.0”

Since the boar only links at 10Mbps and it should work at 100Mbps too I tried to update the firmware version through the Wiznet S2E configuration tool 1.1.0 :

• I boot the board in APP_BOOT = GND and it runs in boot mode (with LD2 and LD3 blinking)
  • I search for the device with the configuration tool
  • I click on “Firmware Upload”
  • I select my WIZ750SR-1xxv129.bin file
  • The firmware upload starts.

However it seems that before sending the update it temporaly loses the ethernet link and by the time it links again the Wiznet S2E configuration tool reports and update error.

I tried both direct conection to my laptop and through a switch and the behaviour is the same. Both link at 10Mbps and when trying to update the link is temporally lost.

My questions:

1. Should the factory version 1.2.4 link at 100Mbps ?
  2. How can I solve my problem when trying to update the firmware?

Thank you in advance.

I think you want to upload the application f/w without boot via configuration tool , is it right?
If yes,first you just search the device using configuration tool
You can select WIZ750SR-1xxv129.bin file and push the upload button on the configuration tool, at that time, it must not be in boot mode.

Hello Irina,

I just want to know if it is expected that with 1.2.4 version the board only links at 10Mbps.
Should the factory version 1.2.4 link at 100Mbps ?

Then, ir order to update the version, yes, I want to update the application.

I do as you say.

1. I search de device using configuration tool
  2. I select WIZ750SR-1xxv129.bin file and push the upload button on the configuration tool

However, as I mentioned in the first post, as soon as I select the .bin file and the update process takes place, the ethernet link resets and by the time the module links (which takes several seconds because the switch tries to link at 100Mbps and fails back to 10Mbps) the configuration tool reports an error update.

How can I overcome this issue?
Regards,

1. WIZ750SR is capable of communication at 1.2.4 version at 100Mbps. It is determined as 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps depending on the other party in the auto negoation mode.
  2. When I saw this, I tested it, but there was no problem. When updating the firmware with the configuration tool, it must be done in normal mode. The boot mode is needed when updating the firmware via isp.

Hello

I am trying to link against a 1Gbps router so that the other end should not be a problem and other devices link to the same router at 100Mps and 1Gbps.

I also tried against a PC without router and the behaviour is the same. 10Mbps link and a link reset when trying to update.

Yes, I try to update in normal mode. When trying to update the board LEDs start flashing as soon as I select the .bin file and the link resets.

Have you checked that the ethernet link does not reset at any moment of the update? (please check the RJ45 connector LEDs)
What could be the reason of my problem?

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Hi~ @jmiguelg
Could you please close the Security tools or disable the firewall ? and try to test again…
And Can you attached capture file that f/w upload fail and the capture file of configuration tool after f/w upload?