WIZ550io change default IP address

Hello,

first of all, thanks WIZnet company for contest and sample of WIZ550io.
My first question regard this module - could be possible obtain source code for PIC12F519 on board? Default IP address collide with one of my device on network. Change address of this device is not an easy. Maybe it will help also other guys.

Regards,
Slavo T.

I think we can open the source code but you have to use the PICKit3 to re-write the firmware.
I’ll check it again and get back to you soon.

It’s no problem for me with programming of this PIC. I’ll wait for result.

Thanks,
S.

I, too, am interested in changing the default IP address of this device (and I have a PICkit3 on hand).

Thanks,

jondaddio

Hi All,

I attached the final HEX file of WIZ550io for helping your customization of default IP address.

And see this attached image file to find where you should change with your data.

1. If you upload the attached HEX file onto your PICKit3, then you can see some data like MAC addr, IP addr, Gateway addr and Subnet mask in the section of “EEPROM Data”.
  2. First rectangle wraps its IP address, second is Gateway address and final is Subnet mask.
  3. If you double click every 12bits block, you can change its value with new one.
  4. Then save it and download it onto your WIZ550io.

[color=#FF0000]When you download new firmware onto WIZ550io, you must make P1 and P2 of J3 short.
Otherwise, you can’t download it successfully.
[/color]

Thank you.

James.
wiz550io.zip (1.93 KB)

I’m rather confused about how to connect the PicKit3 to the WIZ550io. Which pins of the PicKit 3 should I connect to which of the WIZ550io?
:confused:

Hi James,

many thanks.

Slavo T.

[quote=“HaSch”]I’m rather confused about how to connect the PicKit3 to the WIZ550io. Which pins of the PicKit 3 should I connect to which of the WIZ550io?
:confused:[/quote]

I have no PicKit3 programmer, but it’s similar. See wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.p … 140117.pdf . There are TP1…TP5. Connect TPx to same signals on connector of PicKit3. And, of course, short P1 and P2 of J3.

Slavo T.

[quote=“stomascik”]
I have no PicKit3 programmer, but it’s similar. See wizwiki.net/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.p … 140117.pdf . There are TP1…TP5. Connect TPx to same signals on connector of PicKit3. And, of course, short P1 and P2 of J3.

Slavo T.[/quote]
Thank you for the information. Which programmer do you use?

Hans

[quote=“HaSch”]
Thank you for the information. Which programmer do you use?

Hans[/quote]

I have a BeeProg2 programmer.

Slavo T.