Wz5500io doesn't respond to ping

My WZ5500io doesn’t respond to ping
IP = 192.168.1.2 I can communicate normally with wz5500io and read the registers and debug them through UART2.
It is present in the arp -a list. It sense the cable with link up (PHYCNFG) cable is on , link down when cable is out,
with cable on the yellow led is always on. green led flashes one or two times when I ping 192.168.1.2, router and pc response to pink normally
I initialize it to TCP and socket 0 come to state LISTEN
Some times IP was lost and I had to reprogram IP Now I always sent IP to module, MR == 0
VCC is 3.39v

WIZ550io has a unique real MAC address and configures the network setting automatically. When powered on, Microchip on the WIZ550io initializes W5500 chip with embedded real MAC and sets the default IP address (192.168.1.2) and it can be pinged.

[quote]It is present in the arp -a list. It sense the cable with link up (PHYCNFG) cable is on , link down when cable is out,
with cable on the yellow led is always on. green led flashes one or two times when I ping 192.168.1.2, router and pc response to pink normally[/quote]

In the ARP table, 192.168.1.2 has correct MAC address of WIZ550io?
Please check same IP address is on your network and if not, let me know how do you connect the WIZ550io with MCU. Schematic and picture will be helpful to understand. :smiley:

Mac address is correct in the arp list. but I have to ping 192.168.1.2 onces to apear in arp -a list. after some time , possiblly 30 min, the arp -a doesn’t list the module into the list. I must ping onces agian to see ip and mac in te list.
PC and router responds to ping
Also, I use new cable and I try to ping with laptop. it was the same.
From dspic30F6012A I can read the registers and show their values on mikroc uart terminal throuhg alternative uart2.
I initialize Socket 0 to TCP port 9090 and comes on LISTEN state. I pole Sn_SR and his value is 20(LISTEN) then with fire fox → 192.168.1.2:9090 NOTHING , it dosen’t go on to establish … .
Sn_SR has the same value
Visual inspection of the module -->ok I reduce VCC to 3.29v RDY, RST now are not connect (3.29) i cut the copper INTn is connected (3.29v) NOTHING CHANGED. I attack schematic in cadsoft eagle

I will get the module off the pcb and I will test it alone. Just with the vcc=3.3v (on breadboard).
I will do this 22:00 oclock. Know I must get the kids to school. Children in Greece must attend additional courses if they want to gain entry to university.Parents must pay a lot for successful entry to university. :cry: SORRY for bla . . .bla. . bla…
:arrow_right: I think my sample module is faulty . . . and because of I HAVE HARD TO PARTICIPATE THIS CONTEST
I ALREADY order 2 chips and a new module from mouser.
anemometer.sch.txt (458 KB)

I think the router update the arp table and delete the 192.168.1.2 because there is no data exchange for 30 min.

Can you ping to 192.168.1.2 ?

If you think the module is faulty, I’ll ask our EU office to send another one to you. :wink:

as I said, when return back at home I get the module of the pcb and I put it on the breadboard all alone, VCC at 3.3v
NOTHING, it doesn’t respond to ping.
Nothing more to lose , with a no working module, I got the solder Hot air at 350C I put clothespin on the chip to avoid overheating and I go through all the pin and the transducer.
Then I ping it THE MAGIC COME BACK TO ME. :astonished:
IT REPLIES THE PING COMMAND :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Now, 2 chips are on the way from mouser.com .
I will replace the chip on the module. I hope that the transducer isn’t the faulty part.

Hmm…
If the module works after heating, I think you don’t need to replace it with new chip from Mouser. :wink: