APIPA on W5500

I want to implement APIPA using the W5500. Does the W5500 support ARP probe packets and ARP replies back to the user? If so, is the ARP probe/reply handling performed on the W5500 or does the user have to implement it?

Must be a built-in functionality. If W5500 would not perform ARP requests before connecting or responding to ARP requests before remotes connect to it - then it would not function at all.

If implemented in the W5500 then it would be part of the IP address assignment protocol or a “detect duplicate IP address” protocol. In that case, the W5500 would do a ARP probe/ARP announcement to validate the assigned IP address. As far as I know, the address assignment is done by the user (i.e. static IP/DHCP) not by the W5500, so my question is whether the W5500 supports ARP probe/ARP announcement at all, and if so, in accordance with APIPA requirements. I know that the W5500 has mode where you can specify that ARP is required for each packet or cached, but that is different than ARP probe.