Cable not detected

We found the problem! There is an error in the reference design: TCT and RCT of the ethernet jack should be connected to 3.3V, this is indicated in the evaluation board schematics, but not in the reference design.

After applying this patch, everything worked perfectly.

1 Like

If reset time (startup time) does not matter, keep it active for 100 milliseconds. Next, note that you must wait for another 100 ms after reset before starting configuring the chip.

Good job! I also noticed this strange thing that pairs are not DC biased towards the 3V3A like it is designed in W5100, but I decided that circuit is slightly different and that such mistake on reference schematic is not likely. Did not get an idea to look into sample device circuit.

@midnightcow please ensure this mistake is corrected in the reference schematic!

Hi Daan and Eugeny

I’m really sorry about that.
I posted the wrong w5100s reference schematic.
Then I was modified to the schematic.

please refer to wizwiki.net and new w5100s reference page. (W5100S_ext_Ref_Schematic_V110)
https://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php?id=products:w5100s:refschematic

Thanks

Dear All.

Thank for your interested in the new W5100S.

First issue,
The reset time should be 560ns because W5100 can be reset in the wors case.

Second issue,
We found the mistake in the external transformer reference schematic.
TCT & RCT should be connected with 3.3VA.

We will modify the datasheet & the schematic and release it ASSP.

Specially Thanks! Eugeny.

You mean minimum 560 ns? Can I have reset time of 100 ms?

Yes, The reset time should be applied the worst case in Datasheet.
Because there is a possibility of misunderstanding, We will modify the min value to 560ns in datasheet.
So, You can have the reset time over 560ns.

Anyway, After W5100S is reset, It need antother time 60.3ms for stable time of internal clock.

So, We recommend WI_RSTn pin be controlled by a MCU’s GPIO.

Thank you.

1 Like