WizFi360-con - performance questions

Hello, @scarlet. Thanks again for the followup, and for the research into the issue!

I think I may have figured it out - the board with the WizFi360-con and the board with the ESP01S are relatively close to each other - about 10 inches or so. Meanwhile, two other boards with an ESP01S are much further apart.

The Blue and Green plot are the two boards (one a WizFi (green) and an ESP01 (blue)) that are close to each other. The Yellow and Orange lines are boards with ESP01’s much further away - on different floors of the building. (Please ignore the red plot line - that is the prometheus query itself running on a fast computer and is around 27 ms or less, so it’s not a fair comparison.)

So you can see the variability of both of the boards that are nearby. Note that anything above 10 seconds in the graph is a timeout meaning the WizFi didn’t respond within 10 seconds. As you can see, the WizFi doesn’t perform as well as the ESP01 in this case.

However, the two boards with the ESP01 that are one or more floors away all transmitted in around 500-700 ms - and the two plot lines are nearly on top of each other.

So the fact that the ESP01 nearby the WizFi is much more variable than the other two (but still don’t timeout) make me thing that the WizFi and ESP01 - being in close proximity, are interfering with each other.

Does that sound reasonable to you?

On the antenna connector apparently shorted to ground - both the center pin, and the ring, I understand that a DC short is not necessarily an RF short - so that is probably what is going on there. Confirmation would be great, though.

And for reference, here is the thread on this forum where I first saw this noted: WIZFI360-CON ANT pin

Thanks!