WIZFI360-CON ANT pin

Hi,

I have bought a module from digikey, the WIZFI360-CON. According to the datasheet pin 2 should be ANT, to connect an external antenna. On the module I received this pin is NC.
I cant find why this module doesn’t have the external antenna not connected. See picture:

digi link: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/wiznet/WIZFI360-CON/10516842?utm_adgroup=RF%20%26%20RFID&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Dynamic%20Search_EN_RLSA_Cart&utm_term=&utm_content=RF%20%26%20RFID&gclid=CjwKCAjw3_KIBhA2EiwAaAAlijla4kjae7wg68FpT9gHYBFMBmi2N_1fB_k2v6IR3wk-dgt1ZeVFmRoCuT8QAvD_BwE

-Bram

Hi,

I also measure the UFL connector and I noticed that the centre pin is shorted to the other ring of the UFL.
I think its because its soldered to the gnd by the pin i marked in the picture below.

Thank you for purchasing the WizFi360-con module.
Existing connectors should not be used if the connector is to be used externally.
You need to remove the existing connector and connect it with a line. You can use it externally by performing impedance matching. (Not recommended.)

Hi Bruno,

Could you also comment on the UFL being shorted to gnd on the module? (i meant that the UFL on the module has the middle pin shorted to gnd)
Is there a version of this module I could buy that doesn’t need rework?

-Bram