Arduino Wifi shield scan

Hi,
I am using arduino wizfi shield, whose version is 1.01( I think I could not update it? Do you offer latest version on arduino?).
Now the problem is when I tried to use your myWizFi.wifiScan() function, the results were:

d8:c7:c8:94:35:a0, uwindsor , 01, INFRAõ, -83 , NONEONEõõ
õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õõ, 01õ, INFRA õõ d8:c7:c8:94:35:a0, uwindsor , 01, INFRAõ, -83 , NONEONEõõ
õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õ õõ, 01õ, INFRA õõ INFRAõ -83
Rcvd Reply: d8:c7:c8:94:12:81, uwindsor_secure , 01, INFRAA2-ENTERPRISEõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõ
-70 ,õõ WP
d8:c7:c8:94:12:81, uwindsor_secure , 01, INFRAA2-ENTERPRISEõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõõ
-70 ,õõ WP

Lots of unknown characters were shown. Where did this guy(õ) come from? And the results also contained some duplicated data. How can I fix it??

Thanks

Hi,

I updated arduino wizfi library.
Please update your WizFi2x0 library directory with the attached file.

Let me explain why garbage data were displayed.
When I updated the previous WizFi2x0 library, I reduced the size of RX buffer for reply message from WizFi shield as arduino has very small sram block.
Otherwise, arduino board often was rebooted by lack of memory.

However reducing the size fo RX buffer made this problem happen.
Normal reply message is shorter than the size of RX buffer for reply message.
But reply message of AP scan command is longer than the size of RX buffer for reply message and it overwrote the null character which I already wrote on the end of array for RX buffer with other character within reply message.

I used “Serial.println((char *)RcvdBuf);” to show reply message to users.
As the null character for termination in RcvdBuf was deleted by my code, Arduino showed garbage data until it encountered another null character in accident.

Thank you.

BR, James.
WizFi2x0.zip (38.9 KB)

Thanks, I will have a try as soon as possible. By the way, did you update the latest firmware for Wizfi210 in Wizfi Shield?
Why did it give me errors like “DOS Command Error”?

Thanks&Regards,
Neal

Hi,

Im trying to configure a tinysine wifi shield on an arduino uno. Im unable to because i have a mac and according to their youtube video you need to use wifibee settings tool to configure the module for your network. I have a mac and so this program is not available for mac. I managed to get a program called xctu but I am not sure how to connect to the module with it.

Can you help?