I have everything working fine on the 107SR module, including WAN access and everything - fantastic.
But no matter what I try, I can’t make the password feature work.
I am using the config tool 220.127.116.11
I can set all the paremetes etc fine, and I can set the password fine, but then the module flaty refuses any attempt to talk to it.
- From the config tool, click NETWORK tab, ensure radio dot is in ‘TCP Server’ option.
- Click SERIAL tab, un-tick ‘Enable debug message output’.
- Click OPTIONS tab, tick ‘Enable’ in ‘Connection password (TCP Server mode only)’
- Tick ‘Show Chars’ so I can see if I make a typo setting the password
- Enter a password in the ‘Password’ box - I just used PASS for the purposes of testing.
- Click SETTINGS to write the changes to the module.
All that completes fine, including writing the new settings.
- Open Tera Term
- Select IP address of module, and correct port number
- Tera Term establishes the connection, and you get the empty terminal window
- Try to enter the password
At this point, pressing ANY key, including capital P, and the 107 closes the connection.
I have not been able to find out how you get this to work, so would love anyone elese input here.
I have tried setting TT(Tera Term) to Line-At-A-Time mode=on and off - makes no difference other then the fact that with line-at-a-time off, any single keypress closes the connection, whereas with LAAT on, I can type all the characters of the password, but as soon as I press [ENTER], the connection is closed.
Does anyone have any bright ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
Module is 107SR ver 1.0, Firmware 1.0
I looked on WizNet site for updated software, but there does not seem to be any for the version 1.0 hardware.
I have a couple of new 1.3 modules coming to test, in case it is some kind of issue with the older 1.0 boards.