MagJack selection wrong?

Hi,

I made a custom board for a RP2040 with a W5500. Both chips are working and are accessible, i.e. I can set a MAC and read it again.
Unfortunately, the W5500 does not connect to the network and the status LED stay off. I think, that I was unlucky with my MagJack selection. Could someone look on my schematics? The CTs are connected and that is why I used the “reference design” for connected CTs.
Just in case it is interesting, I was able to run with similar code the demo boards (pico + w5500 from ebay).

I am happy to provide any further information if required.

Best regards,
Marius

Wiring seems to be in accordance to this. But IMHO would be more correct using 009 type of MagJack.

Thanks. I agree, that the 009 parts are more similar-looking to the used jacks on the Wiznet boards, however, I do not understand the big difference.
Unfortunately, I would like to use PoE. Do you know a working Magjack connector for the 5500 with PoE? Do you know, from the electrically/digital point of view, what makes the difference in the coil positions inside the magjack?
Tomorrow I am going to try to connect a magjack from Wiznet board.

I was able to verify, that the w5500 is operating when connecting the ethernet jack from a wiznet board. I will make a new board and would like to ask you, if these two jacks would work with POE:

WE 7499211125

Abracon ARJP11A
Abracon_ARJP11A

Thanks in advance.

I do not see the reason why not, but anyway advise you to perform prototyping before making the product.

Thanks, I’ll test it. :wink:

Just want to let all know, that my first MagJack selection was wrong.
I can verify, that the Wuerth connector is operating, at least I can get an IP from a DHCP server.
Thanks for your help!

2 Likes