Link problems with two new WIZwiki-W7500P dev boards !

Hi,
I bought a WIZwiki-W7500P dev board a few months ago but have only now tried to use it. After connecting the Ethernet port to a hub in my office and connecting the USB cable to a PC with terminal app running, this is the output I get with the hardware test code running:

val: 2DC6C00, getTIC100US: 12C0, (12C0)

The output continues in this way without the link succeeding.
The green Link LED on the RJ45 connector is on and the yellow Activity LED blinks randomly.
The Link and activity LEDs show a connection on the hub also.

I have tried using other hubs without any of them linking. I downloaded some of the example binaries to see if I could get any other code to work. All the basic functions appear to work ok but not the Ethernet related test code.

In frustration I ordered a second dev board as I wondered if the first one was faulty.
The second WIZwiki-W7500P dev board has similar problems although it has linked to the hub twice, after long delays and many attempts, but then immediately lost the link. The RJ45 LEDs on this board are barely visible when they flash. The LEDs on the hub flash about once a second showing some attempt is being made to link but the board remains unreachable.

Most of the problems I have read on the forum seem to relate to a board that is already linked to the hub. I can’t even get that far and so need help!
Can anyone give me any ideas of what I might be doing wrong or if anyone has had similar problems with these dev boards?

Regards,

Dan.

Hi, @crystalset

Thank you for reporting about wizwiki-w7500p working.

Before checking the problem, I would like to know some information.

did you get the test .din file from wizwiki site?
https://wizwiki.net/wiki/doku.php/products:wizwiki_w7500p:getting_started:write_firmware#dokuwiki__top

And could you copy the whole serial output?

Seems you have two cases.
one is RJ45 led works but does not working in software.
second, RJ45 does not working hardwarely.

am I right?

Hi lawrence,

Yes - I downloaded the latest binary from the website and installed on both dev boards.
Here are some examples of the debug:

** Dev Board #1 Debug output **
** Using Hardware test binary "W7500P_WZTOE_Loopback.bin" **

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Firmware never detects link even though link LED is On.

Link

** Dev Board #2 Debug output **
** Using Hardware test binary "W7500P_WZTOE_Loopback.bin" **

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................PHY is linked.
[DEBUG] SD Card Test
[DEBUG] init ret : 1 , SD Card Type : 0
SD Test Fail!!
[DEBUG] CID / MID : 0x00
[DEBUG] CID / OID :
[DEBUG] CID / PNM :
MAC ADDRESS : 00:08:DC:01:02:03
IP ADDRESS : 192.168.77.9
GW ADDRESS : 192.168.77.1
SN MASK: 255.255.255.0
0:Listen, TCP server loopback, port [5000]

** Link is lost immediately ! **

** Manual Reset **

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................PHY is linked.
[DEBUG] SD Card Test
[DEBUG] init ret : 1 , SD Card Type : 0
SD Test Fail!!
[DEBUG] CID / MID : 0x00
[DEBUG] CID / OID :
[DEBUG] CID / PNM :
MAC ADDRESS : 00:08:DC:01:02:03
IP ADDRESS : 192.168.77.9
GW ADDRESS : 192.168.77.1
SN MASK: 255.255.255.0
0:Listen, TCP server loopback, port [5000]

** Link is lost immediately ! **

Neither of the boards will link correctly:

Board #1 appears to link as the Green LED is on but the firmware cannot detect this.
Board #2 links randomly after a long wait period, but then link LEDs goes off 
immediately and firmware finishes testing but then has no link to perform loop-back
test.

Regards,
Dan.

Hi lawrence,

Please let me know if there are other things I can try to debug the issues with these dev boards.

Do you have any other binaries I can try to test the hardware?

If anyone else has seen this issue before let me know your experience.

Regards,
Dan.

Hi,

Could someone from the Wiznet team please follow up on what Lawrence started as he hasn’t responded for 4 days.

Many thanks,
Dan.

hi, @crystalset

Sorry for the late.

I could not find the original code for the example .bin

Could you try the below code?

And I would like to check AZTOE example for phy link.
Please go to below directory and choose any example
…/W7500P_FW/Projects/Peripheral_Examples/WZTOE

I hope you have IAR or Keil IDE.
Or not, please let me know I will guide you how to install and set up for ide configuration.

thank you
and sorry again for the late.

Hi lawrence,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have compiled the loopback example and installed on both boards.

Board#1 now works correctly:
DevBrd1 loopback
I also compiled the WZTOE_WebServer project which also worked correctly on board#1.

Board#2 still will not detect the link and the RJ45 Link and Act LEDs do not turn on:
DevBrd2 loopback

I now think there must be a hardware fault with board#2 because the LEDs are not showing a link and the firmware is confirming this.

What are your thoughts as to the fault ?
Should I return the board to my supplier ?

Regards,
Dan.

hi, @crystalset

I will ask this issue to hardware engineer.
Then reply it asap.

Sorry for your wait.

thank you

hi @crystalset

could you share where you bought it?

If you did not buy wiznet e-sales,
you should contact the market you bought wizwiki-w7500p and notice them the problem.

thank you

Hi lawrence,

It was purchased from a distributor in the UK shown below.

Enrgtech LTD
Unit 16 Holroyd Business Center,
Carrbottom Road,
BD5 9BP,
United Kingdom.

I will contact them and request a replacement board.

Regards,
Dan.

I think I have same problem of W7500P chip. It’s hardware fault.
I have bought 100 units W7500P S2E rpre programmed at Digikey.
But still 10 test boards I have made wasn’t working. No link is been done.

if you send your schematic file to the below email, we can review it.

lawrence@wiznet.io