Sending data to specific IP address using TCP or UDP

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out how to send data from a WIZFI630 serial port NOT using a PC to a specific IP address and port number over TCP or UDP. Can this be done? If so, how is it specified when sending?

As an example: I have WIZFI630 serial port 2 setup as a TCP Server at port 10000 and I want to send a packet of data to IP address 239.255.250.250 at port 9131. How do I do that?

Thanks!

Hi

I don’t know about your accurate mean but WizFi630 can’t make it’s own decision to sending data.
So WizFi630 needs MCU or Serial Interface Device in order to send data.

Hello,

I am using a WIZFI630 with a microcontroller connected to serial port 2 setup for UDP. How do I specify sending data to a specific IP address and port number using UDP. From what I’ve seen so far WIZFI630 cannot do this and I am required to use a higher protocol (for example: HTTP or some other protocol).

My desire is to send a raw UDP message out to a specific IP address at a specific port number. Can this be done using the WIZFI630 through one of its serial ports with a microcontroller connected to the serial port.

I assume this would also apply if I were wanting to use TCP instead of UDP.

Thanks.

Hi

I have some questions.

1. What is mean of the specific IP address?
  • Is specific IP like 0.0.0.0 or 255.255.255.255 ?
  1. What is mean of the specific port number?

2. What is mean of raw UDP message?

• If you want to control raw UDP packet as below, WizFi630 can’t it.

1. and 2. Yes, by specific address and port I mean for example 253.122.33.3 at port 8131

2. Yes, by raw UDP packet that’s exactly what I meant. That’s what I thought, the WIZFI630 cannot give access to that low level protocol. So essentially to make use of UDP, or TCP for that matter, a higher level protocol is required for the WIZFI630 such as TFTP, HTTP, FTP, etc…

Thanks!

Hi

1. and 2. Yes, by specific address and port I mean for example 253.122.33.3 at port 8131
  • I think it is no problem to use IP address and port number such as 253.122.33.3 and 8131.
  1. Yes, by raw UDP packet that’s exactly what I meant. That’s what I thought, the WIZFI630 cannot give access to that low level protocol. So essentially to make use of UDP, or TCP for that matter, a higher level protocol is required for the WIZFI630 such as TFTP, HTTP, FTP, etc…
  • As you know, WizFi630 did not control low level protocol. And WizFi630 only do pass data directly to peer devices after received data from MCU. So If you want to use high level protocl such as TFTP, HTTP, FTP… , you have to develop to your MCU.

Thanks

Yes, I’m seeing that there isn’t any low level control with the WIZFI630 and I’m developing higher layer protocols on top of the UDP, TFTP for instance is one I’m using right now. Looking to possibly get into SNMP as well.
Thanks!