Correct Lan and serial configuration

At the moment, I need my WizFi630 module to convert RS232 stream to/from WiFi (TCP variant) and to connect to outer network’s AP. However few questions I have regarding module configuration.

• Is WizFi Client mode LAN configuration, OK for me ? I consider IP address to acquire from DHCP server of outer network. In that case, I wonder if WizFi DHCP client is automatically on, so it can ask for IP info ? I also intend to disable WizFi internal DHCP server- because I’m not interested in other WizFi LAN ports (wired ones).
  • Do I have to specifically enable RS232 data flow to/from wireless port or is it default state ?
  • What is the meaning of MAIN and AUX port ?

Regards

Hi

This is my answer about your question.

• Is WizFi Client mode LAN configuration, OK for me ?

I consider IP address to acquire from DHCP server of outer network. In that case, I wonder if WizFi DHCP client is automatically on, so it can ask for IP info ?

I also intend to disable WizFi internal DHCP server- because I’m not interested in other WizFi LAN ports (wired ones).

• Do I have to specifically enable RS232 data flow to/from wireless port or is it default state ?
  • What is the meaning of MAIN and AUX port ?

Thank you kaizen for your reply, maybe I was not so explicit about what I want to achieve, so I’ll try once more.
I want RS232 from my microcontroller to be converted to WiFi (with Wiz630) and to communicate (TCP) to some other computer on already existing network (which also has access point).
So Wiz630 need to be new member of network and should connect to existing access point (in the same network). Then it would be able to connect (TCP) to some other computer on that network. From that moment on, I intend to use
RS232 (as client) to communicate data to remote TCP server application.

Regards

I think that it would be good to use AP-Client Multi bridge mode in your environment.

For setting AP-Client Multi Bridge Mode, you can use AT command as below.